Thursday, September 28, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I will be giving my views on the Future of Work.

This is a subject I've been passionate about for the last 20 years, having first seen the preview of new working practices using technology back in the 70's and 80's whilst working for Digital Equipment. Now we are living in the age of mobile technology we are seeing a massive change in the way information work can be achieved. But our ability to adopt new ways of working is dependent on human factors and inertia based on 200 years of working in the Industrial Age.

In this blog I will give my views on why we are reluctant to adopt new ways of working and invite comments in response. I hope it will be a lively debate or a least people will enjoy my thoughts on the topic.

Peter

No comments: